- My father is still on the right side of sixty.一方、on the wrong [far, shady, other] side of だと、「〜歳を過ぎて、〜歳の坂を越して」ということになる。
- They are both looking hale and fit on the bright side of fifty.
- a man three or four years on the green side of thirty
- being some years on the wrong side of fiftyついでに、「〜歳になる」といいたい時は、turn のほか、reach さらに hit といった動詞も使える。
- She looked forty, but was probably on the shady side of fifty.
- In 2006, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, the oldest of the baby boomers will begin to turn 60.[参考] 日本語→英語の表現集
- Life membership is available to any person who has reached sixty years of age and has completed at least twenty consecutive years as a member of the Association.
- By the time we hit fifty, we have learned our hardest lessons. We have found out that only a few things are really important. We have learned to take life seriously, but never ourselves.
(女優 Marie Dressler の言葉)